3.0 Tutorial on how to remove the second line in the footer that says
Joomla 3 – How to Remove the second line in the footer – Joomla! Free Software ! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.
It has taken me about 2 days to try to figure this out. I’m perfectly fine with the first line, but the second line I really want gone. I know it’s not supposed to be removed and that’s why it’s so well hidden. If you added a footer to your here on how to add a footer to you website.website you will see this second line added below your footer. See my tutorial
Overview of steps to Remove the Second Line in the Footer:
- Use Telnet or the Webhosting File Manager
- Edit the file default.php
1. Use Telnet or the Webhosting File Manager
Use telnet/ssh or access your web hosting file manager to edit files.
- Login to your Webhosting through SSH or access your file manager
- Go to the Directory /modules/mod_footer/tmpl
2. Edit the file default.php
This file contains both lines in your footer. You will need to delete the second line.
- Edit the file ‘default.php‘
- Search for:
<div><?php echo JText::_(‘MOD_FOOTER_LINE2′); ?></div>
- Delete this line from the file.
- Save the file – default.php
- Your file should look like the screenshot below afterwards:
Now you can refresh your Joomla 3 website and you won’t see the second line in the footer anymore. It should only contain your copyright and site name.Joomla 3 – Remove the second line in the footer Joomla Free Software
FYI. This is not a permanent solution. Once you upgrade your Joomla installation this file might get over written and you will need to make these changes again.
If you have any questions let me know.