3.0 Tutorial – Here are some easy steps on how to Uninstall a Component in . You can uninstall a component in the Extension Manager – Manage. Below are the steps to uninstall a component. In my example I am uninstalled a component I installed called ‘Advanced ’.
Overview of Steps:
- Go to Extension Manager
- Go to Manage in Extension Manager
- Select Component and Uninstall
- Successfully Uninstalled Component
1. Go to Extension Manager
3.0 Extension Manager you can install and uninstall language, modules, and plugins.
- Login to your Administrator Backend
- Click on ‘Extensions’, ‘Extension Manager‘
2. Go to Manage in Extension Manager
To uninstall a component in Joomla 3.0, you must go to the Extension Manager – Manage. I installed the component ‘Advanced’ which is actually pretty good. But for demonstration purposes I will uninstall this component from my Joomla 3.0 website.
- In ‘Extension Manager’, Click on ‘Manage‘
3. Select Component and Uninstall in Extension Manager
You can scroll through the list of installedto find the component you want to install. Or you can type it in the search box. I’m looking for the ‘Advanced ’ component, so I typed in ‘advanced’ in my search box. You can also see the ‘Type’ column shows ‘Component’ to confirm you are uninstalling a component.
- Search for the Component you want to uninstall, I’m search for the component ‘Advanced Module Manager’
- Use Checkbox to select the Component to Uninstall
- Click on ‘Uninstall‘
4. Successfully Uninstalled Component
After you uninstall the component you will see yellow success message.
- After you Uninstall the Component, you will see a message that says:
Uninstalling component was successfull.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment. Hope that was helpful.
Thanks for stopping by,