3.0 Tutorial – Uninstall a Module in . If you are not happy with a module on your website you can choose to unpublish the module in the . If you want to totally delete and uninstall it, you can do that in Extension Manager – Manage. Below is a tutorial on how to delete and uninstall a module from your website.
Overview of the steps to Uninstall a Module in
- Go to your Extension Manager
- Go to Manage in Extension Manager
- Select Module and Uninstall
- Uninstall is Successful
1. Go to your Extension Manager
In your Extension Manager you install, uninstall, check your database, install languages, check warnings and more.
- Login to your Joomla 3.0 Backend Administrator
- Click on ‘Extensions’, ‘Extension Manager‘
2. Go to Manage in Extension Manager
To uninstall a module from your Joomla 3.0, you will have to switch to the ‘Manage’ tab.
- In Extension Manager, click on ‘Manage‘
3. Select Module and Uninstall
Search for the module you want to uninstall. You can scroll through all the modules, or you can type in the module name in the search box. I was searching for the ‘Flexi Custom Code’, so I typed in ‘flexi’ in my search bar.
- Use checkbox to select the module you want to uninstall
- Click on ‘Uninstall‘
4. Uninstall is Successful
After you clicked on ‘Uninstall’ you will see a yellow message box that it was successful.
- You will see a message that says:
Uninstalling module was successful.
Hope that helps you, please leave me a comment if you have any questions.