Tutorial – How to uninstall a plugin in 3.0. The only place you can safely uninstall a plugin is in the Extension Manager – Manage. You do not have to disable the plugin before uninstalling it.
Overview of Steps to Uninstall a Plugin in
- Go to Extension Manager
- Go to Manage in Extension Manager
- Select Plugin & Uninstall in Extension Manager
- Plugin Successfully Uninstalled
1. Go to Extension Manager
In, there is the , Language Manager, , and the Extension Manager. Extension Manager is where you can install and uninstall things you uploaded and installed.
- Login to your Joomla 3.0 Administrator Panel
- Click on ‘Extensions’, ‘Extension Manager‘
2. Go to Manage in Extension Manager
To uninstall the Joomla 3.0 plugin, you must go to the Extension Manager -Manage.
- In the ‘Extension Manager’, Click on ‘Manage‘
3. Select Plugin & Uninstall in Extension Manager
I installed the ‘Admin Forever’ plugin and want to uninstall it. You can scroll through the list ofinstalled in your Joomla installation. All the extensions listed are , modules, templates, plugins and languages. I will type in ‘forever’ in the search box to find my plugin easier.
- Search for the plugin to uninstall – for me, I’m search for ‘forever’
- Use checkbox to select plugin to uninstall
- Click on ‘Uninstall‘
4. Plugin Successfully Uninstalled
After you clicked on Uninstall, there will be a yellow message box that says successful.
- After uninstalling the plugin, you will see message that says:
Uninstalling plugin was successful.
I hope that helps. Please leave a comment if you have any questions.
Thanks for stopping by!