3.0 Tutorial – on how to add a Banner module to the of your 3.0 website. You can sell advertising space and add Banners to your website to make money. You can easily add Banners to your Joomla website in the . You also need to insert Banners in your Banner Manager Component.
Overview of How to Create a Banner Module in
- Insert Banners in Banner Manager Component
- Go to ,
- Create a New Module in in Joomla
- Select Banner as Module Type in Module Manager
- Enter Banner Module Details
- Enter Banner Module Basic Details
- See Banner on
1. Insert Banners in Banner Manager Component
Before you can display banners in your Joomla 3.0 website, you must insert banners into your Joomla 3.0 Banner Manager. I created a tutorial on how insert banners into your website.
2. Go to, Module Manager
Every Joomla 3.0 Template has a Module Position Map. You can control what is seen on theof your Joomla 3.0 Website by adding modules to different positions.
- Login to Joomla 3.0 Administrator Backend
- Click on ‘Extensions’, ‘Module Manager’
3. Create a New Module in Module Manager in Joomla
Create a new Banner Module in the Module Manager.
- Click on ‘New‘
4. Select Banner as Module Type in Module Manager
There are different types of Modules you can create. Select Banner as the type of Module you want to create.
- In ‘Select a Module Type:’
- Click on ‘Banners‘
5. Enter Banner Module Details
Enter in your Banner Module Details. Enter in your own Banner details. For demo purposes, I’m creating a Banner module called ‘CmsMind Banners’.
- In Module Manager: Module Banners
- Click on ‘Details’ tab
- Enter in the following values:
- Status = Published
- Title = CmsMind Banners
- Show Title = Show
- Position = Footer top [position-9] – You can see the Beez 3 module map here.
- Access = Public
6. Enter Banner Module Basic Details
in Joomla 3.0 Banner Module enter in the Banner Module basic options. Here you will choose which Banner Category and Banner Client to display in your Banner Module. You can create multiple banner modules and each module can rotate different banners.
- In ‘Module Manager: Module Banners’
- Click on ‘Basic Options’
- Enter the following details:
- Count = 5 (You can display 5 banners at a time)
- Client = Fatcow
- Category = Webhosting Providers (you can select multiple categories to display)
- Click on ‘Save & Close‘
7. See Banner on Joomla 3.0 Frontpage
Now you can view your Joomla 3.0 website. You can see the Banner Module on your website. Mine is in position-9 on my website.
You can change the number of banners to view from each category to 1 or any number you want. Repeat the above steps to create more banner modules to show banners from different categories.
Hope that helps. Please leave a comment if you have any questions.