here. I will be adding to position-7, the top left nav of my website. I’ve downloaded a free Joomla extension from the Joomla Extension Directory (JED) to help me do this called ‘Phoca Adsense Easy’.3.0 Tutorial on How to add to your website. You already signed up as a Google publisher and now you want to start making money by displaying Google Ads on your website. Displaying Google Ads is a great way to make money on your website. You can easily do that by adding Google to module positions on your website. I’m using Beez3 Template so I will show you how to add to Beez3 template. If you are not familiar with the Beez3 module positions, you can look at the module template map
Overview of How to Add Adsense to Joomla Website:
- Download ‘Phoca Adsense Easy’ for Free from JED
- Install ‘Phoca Adsense Easy’ in in
- Go to in
- Add New Module in
- Select ‘Phoca Adsense Easy’ as Module Type
- Complete Phoca Adsense Easy Module Details
- Enter Adsense Code in Basic Options in Phoca Adsense Easy Module
1. Download ‘Phoca Adsense Easy’ for Free from JED
Download the free Joomla extension from the Joomla Extension Directory. This extension is Joomla 3.0 compatible.
- Go to JED
- Search for ‘Phoca Easy’
- Click on ‘Download‘
2. Install ‘Phoca Adsense Easy’ inManager in Joomla 3.0
Upload and install the ‘Phoca Adsense Easy’ module into your Joomla 3.0 website. If you do not know how to install a module, I have a tutorial here that you can follow.
- Upload and Install ‘Phoca Adsense Easy’ extension in Extension Manager
- Click here for the instructions
- Then will see a message that says:
Installing module was successful.
3. Go toin Joomla 3.0
Module Manager manages what you see on your Joomla website. Each Template has a module map and you can place modules in those positions.
- Login to Joomla 3.0 Administrator Backend
- Click on ‘Extensions’, ‘Module Manager‘
4. Add New Module in Module Manager
Add a new module in Module Manager.
- Click on ‘New‘
5. Select ‘Phoca Adsense Easy’ as Module Type
Here you will select the new module we just uploaded and installed called the ‘Phoca Adsense Easy’ module.
- Click on ‘Phoca – Google Adsense Easy‘
6. Complete Phoca Adsense Easy Module Details
In the Joomla 3.0 New Module Phoca Adsense Easy Module details, select where you want your adsense to appear. I want my adsense in the position-7 top left position of the left nav. You can see in the Beez3 module map where that is.
- In the Module Manager – New Module Phoca Adsense Easy
- Enter the following details (modify to your own website needs)
- Status = Published
- Title = CmsMind Google Adsense Mod
- Show Title = Show (you can select Hide)
- Position = position-7
- Access = Public
- Click on ‘Basic Options‘
7. Enter Adsense Code in Basic Options in Phoca Adsense Easy Module
You must already have or applied for a Google Adsense account before you can add adsense into your Joomla website. Here you will add the adsense code that you created in your Google Adsense account. Please add your own Google Adsense code and do not copy mine.
- Paste your Google Adsense code into the ‘Adsense Code‘ text box
- Adsense Code:
google_ad_client = “ca-pub-1719145887610317”;
/* cmsmind demo */
google_ad_slot = “1526916131”;
google_ad_width = 250;
google_ad_height = 250;
- Click on ‘Save & Close’
Your Adsense will not appear on your Joomla website right away. I thought my adsense module was having problems too but it took about 10-15 minutes for it to appear. That’s why I keep the title showing so I know where the Adsense will show up. Once the Adsense is showing on my website I will hide the module title.
Hope that helps. Please leave a comment if you have any questions.