3.0 Tutorial on how to add iframe to 3.0 articles. As you’ve already noticed, it is impossible to add iFrame code into your article HTML in 3.0. That’s because iFrame is listed as a prohibited element in the editor you are using to create articles. The Editor is called TinyMCE. To enable your editor – TinyMCE to allow iFrame code you must remove it from the ‘Prohibited Elements’ in the . Below I will show you how to easily do that.
How to add iFrame code to your Articles inOverview:
- Go to your
- Edit TinyMCE Editor
- Remove iFrame from Prohibited Elements
1. Go to your Plugin Manager
ThePlugin Manager controls all the little programs that run your Joomla 3.0. It deals with the inner workings of Joomla 3.0. Which include the Editor used creating new categories, menus and articles.
- Login to your Joomla 3.0 Backend Administrator
- Click on ‘Extensions’, ‘ ‘
2. Edit TinyMCE Editor in Plugin Manager
This is the editor used to create articles in the Article Manager. In here you can customize your editor. This includes having a basic editor or advanced editor, or including or excluding HTML code in the article.
- In the : Plug-ins
- Search for: TinyMCE
- Click on ‘Editor – TinyMCE‘ to edit it
3. Remove iFrame from Prohibited Elements
Customize your J00la 3.0 TinyMCE editor. On the second tab you will see near the bottom ‘Prohibited Elements’. This is where you will remove the word ‘iframe’.
- In Plug-in Manager : TinyMCE
- Click on ‘Basic Options’
- Scroll down to the bottom
- In Prohibited Elements – Remove the word – iframe. Then you will see my screenshot above.
- Click on ‘Save & Close’
Now go back to creating an article. Add iFrame code into the article and now the iframe code will not be stripped. You will see the iframe because it is not prohibited code anymore.