3.0 Tutorial – You can change your default home page for your website. Currently when you install the , you will see the displaying only from your . You can easily change where you want visitors to land by changing the default in the . Below I will show you steps to do this.
Overview of How to change Default Landing Page in3:
- Go to
- Select Menu Item to be Default Landing Page
- Resolve Error – The current home menu for this language is checked out
- Select Menu Item to be Default Landing Page Again
1. Go to Menu Manager
Menu Manager is where you setup your menus and navigation on your website. The menu manager also tells you where your default landing page is by the little ‘house/home’ icon. The ‘house/home’ icon is next to the ‘Main Menu’ Menu so that is where the default menu item is currently located. – Menus Main Menu
- Login to your Administrator Backend
- Click on ‘Menus’, ‘Main Menu‘
2. Select Menu Item to be Default Landing Page
In Joomla 3.0 the default home page is indicated by the yellow star under the column ‘Home’. You will see the ‘Home’ menu item has a yellow star under the ‘Home’ column. That means the ‘Home’ menu item is currently the default landing page. If you want to change it, simply select another menu item and click the yellow star beside it.Joomla 3.0 – Select menu item to be default landing page
- I’m setting ‘CmsMind Articles’ to be my default Home Page. So click on the greyed out ‘yellow star’ under the ‘Home’ column to make ‘Cmsmind Articles to be the default.
- You can also choose to
- Use checkbox to select ‘Cmsmind Articles’
- Click on ‘Home‘
3. Resolve Error – The current home menu for this language is checked out
When trying to change my default home page I encountered this error. Although I never ‘checked-out’ this menu item it gives me this error:
The current home menu for this language is checked outJoomla 3.0 error – Menu item for current language is checked out
So I just checked it back in. See below:Joomla 3.0 – Check in Menu item
- Use Checkbox to select menu item
- Click on ‘Check In‘
4. Select Menu Item to be Default Landing Page Again
So now repeat step 2 and try to set ‘Cmsmind Articles’ as ‘Home’ again.Joomla 3.0 – Select menu item to be default landing page
- Select Menu item – CmsMind Articles
- Click on ‘Home’
Now you successfully changed your default home page. You will see a message like this:
One menu item successfully set to home.Joomla 3.0 – Menu Item successfully set to home
- You will see the above message and the yellow star is now beside the menu item you chose to be default in step 4.
Refresh your Joomla 3 website and you will see that the default landing home page has changed to the new menu item you chose above.