You can change the number of articles displayed on theof your 3.0 website. If your main menu, home page menu type is featured or a blog, this setting can be change in the Article Options Global Settings. Changing the value in the global settings will change all number of articles that are displayed for every blog or featured article menu type you use. If you only want to change the value for the , main menu, you can edit the menu item directly and modify the number of articles to display. Below I will show you how to change the number of Articles displayed via the Article Options Global Settings.
- Go to your 3.0 Content,
- Click on the Global Options
- Change tab to Blog/Featured Layouts in Options
- Change Number of Articles Displayed for on
1. Go to yourContent Manager, Article Manager
Login to youradministrator and along the top, hover over the ‘Content’ heading and then click on the Article Manager. This is where you manage all the articles you create. You can delete, create new, edit, publish, unpublish articles in your Article Manager.
- Login to Joomla 3.0 Administrator Backend
- Click on ‘Content’, ‘Article Manager‘
2. Click on the Joomla 3.0 Article Manager Global Options
The Joomla 3.0 Article Manager global options are set to allow administrators to easily manage and control setting across all articles, menus, categories and more. Once article settings are set to ‘Use Global’, the settings are automatically deferred to the settings set in the Article Manager Options. If you set your article settings (for example) manually in the article itself, it will use the Article settings and disregard any settings used in the Article Manager Global Options.
- Click on ‘Options‘
3. Change tab to Blog/Featured Layouts in Article Manager Options
Change the tab to manage the global options for blogs and featured article layouts.
- Click on ‘Blog / Featured Layouts‘
4. Change Number of Articles Displayed foron
Here you can change the number of articles displayed on the, that is if you are using a blog or Featured Layout. I’m more a visual girl, so pictures are best for me. I’ve shown below on my frontpage what each setting means:
- # Leading Articles = 1, number of articles that have full width above all other articles, in purple
- # Intro Articles = 4, number of articles to display under the leading article(s), in orange
- # Columns = 2, number of columns to display the intro articles in, pointed in blue
- # Links = 4, number of links to display to more articles, in green
- Multi Column Order = Across, how you want intro articles to be ordered, across columns or down rows, in yellow
Hope that helps you,