3.0 Tutorial on how to change your logo and the site name. They keep on moving these features around which always makes it hard to find. Changing your Joomla logo and site name is managed in your Manager in the Options tab. Below are 3 easy steps to change your logo or site name.
See my screenshot I changed my site name and site logo:
ChangeLogo and Site Name Overview
- Go to
- Edit the Default Site Template
- Go to the Options tab and modify Site Name/Description/logo
1. Go to the
is where you can edit your template html and css files. You can also choose your default site template and administrator templates.
- Login to your Joomla 3.0 backend Administrator
- Click on ‘Extensions’, ‘ Template Manager’
2. Edit the Default Site Template
The Default Site template is the colours and layout template that users will see when they visit your page. You can download different site templates to change the layout and colours of your website. The default site layout is identified by a yellow star and the label of ‘Site’ in the Location column.
- Click on ‘Styles’
- Click on ‘Beez3‘ to edit – because that is my default Site template
3. Go to the Options tab and modify Site Name/Description/logo
In the Site Template Options you can change the site logo by uploading an image, change the site name and that will display if there is no site logo, a site description to display under the site logo, change the site header image, change the site background colour and more.
- In the Template Manager – Edit Style Screen
- Click on ‘Options‘
- To change the logo
- Click on ‘Select’ beside the logo
- To change the Site Title, set the following:
- Site Title = My Site whatever you want
- To change the Site Description, set the following:
- Site Description = Where is this – whatever you want it to be
- Click on ‘Save & Close’
Now you can refresh your Joomla 3.0 frontend and see the changes. You should see your new logo and new site description. The site name will not appear. The Site name will only appear if you do not have a site logo.