3.0 Tutorial – This tutorial focuses on how to copy and article to another or the same category. This is equivalent to a copy / paste of an article. Except in 3.0, you don’t see a ‘copy & paste’ function. You can easily copy a article by going into the and clicking on the ‘Batch‘ button. I will show you steps below on how to copy & paste an article to the same or different Article category.
Overview of how to copy and paste an article to A Category
- Go to the
- Select an Article and Click on ‘Batch‘ Button
- Select Category to Copy to and ‘Process‘
1. Go to the Article Manager
Article Manager manages all the articles,, and article viewing options. You can delete, publish, unpublished, undelete, show on , remove display article options and more.
- Login to your Joomla 3.0 Backend Administrator
- Click on ‘Content’, ‘Article Manager‘
2. Select an Article and Click on ‘Batch‘ Button
To copy & paste an article in Joomla 3.0, you must select the article(s) first and then click on the ‘Batch’ button. In previous Joomla versions, the batch copy or move option was at the bottom of the screen. This functionality has now moved into it’s own window that is displayed after you click on the ‘Batch’ button.
- Use checkbox to select Article(s)
- Click on the ‘Batch‘ button
3. Select Category to Copy to and ‘Process‘
After you click the ‘Batch’ button, a window will pop up and ask you to select a category to move or copy the article(s) to. You can either Move or Copy the selected article(s) to the same or different category name. The Category Names are managed in the Joomla 3.0 Content-Category Manager.
In my example, I’m copying the article to the same category. So I’m selecting:
- Select Category for Move/Copy =
- Click on ‘Process‘
After you clicked on ‘Process’, Joomla 3.0 will copy or move those articles to the specified categories.
You will see a message that says:
Batch process completed successfully.
I hope that helps you.