3.0 Tutorial on how to enable the administrator buttons in your backend administrator site. You should see admin buttons to manage your site and in the , you should be able to save, save & close, close articles as well. If you don’t see these buttons or admin toolbar, you can easily enable them in the . Below are 2 examples of what I mean:
In: Articles, missing the admin toolbar:
Editing the Article, don’t see the save, save as copy, save & new, close buttons:
Overview of how to get back your Administrator Buttons and Toolbar:
- Go to
- Click on Administrator in Module Manager
- Search for Toolbar in Administrator Module Manager
- Enable Toolbar for Administrators
1. Go to Module Manager
Go to your, Module Manager. Module Manager is where you control what displays on your site and in what position.
- Login to your Administrator Backend
- Click on ‘Extensions’, ‘Module Manager‘
2. Click on Administrator in Module Manager
Site is where you manage the modules on your site. Administrator is where you manage how you want to display information in your administrator control panel.
- Click on ‘Administrator‘
3. Search for Toolbar in Administrator Module Manager
The toolbar on every page of your Joomla 3.0 Administrator website is controlled by the ‘Toolbar’ module in the Administrator. You can see below that it has a red x beside it which means it is not enabled.
- Click the ‘red-x’ to enable the ‘Toolbar‘
4. Enable Toolbar for Administrators
You will see a message that says: 1 Module successfully published. The red-x beside the toolbar module is now changed to a green checkmark.
As you can see in the red box I highlighted above, the administrator toolbar is back. You will see the buttons for new, edit, duplicate, publish, unpublish, checkin, trash etc. Also, when you edit your articles, you should see the save, save & close, save & copy buttons as well.