3.0 Tutorial – Hide Default Main Menu Title
Once you assigned your Main Menu and Default Home Main Menu Item, you might see the heading of your default main menu at the top of your page. For example, I named mine default Home Main menu item – “Home”, so I see the word “Home” at the top of my page. See my example below:
Below I will show you how to remove the word “Home” or your hide the main menu item title from the top of your page.
Overview of steps to Disable Main Menu Title:
- Go to – Main Menu
- Edit “Home” default Main Menu Item
- Go to ‘Advanced Options’ and Disable Main Menu Heading
1. Go to– Main Menu
is where you can create new menu items. Menu items are usually and component actions that you want to display on the navigational areas on your site. You can assign a default landing page by assigning ‘Home’ to any Menu Item.
- Login to your Joomla 3.0 Administrator Backend
- Click on ‘Menus’
- Click on ‘Main Menu‘
2. Edit “Home” default Main Menu Item
I’ve assigned to display my featured article list in a default menu item called ‘Home’. So I will edit my ‘Home’ Main Menu Title.
- In the Menu Manager: Menu Items, click on your default Main Menu Item
- You can edit any Menu item you want to change the heading for
- In my example, I will click on ‘Home‘
3. Go to ‘Advanced Options’ and Disable Main Menu Heading
In Joomla 3.0 Main Menu Item you can configure everything how you want your page to display. You can change the layout options, article options, integration options, link type options, page display options and more.
- In the Menu Manager: Edit Menu Item – Home
- Click on ‘Advanced Options’
- Click on ‘Page Display Options’
- Set the following value:
- Show Page Heading = No
- Click on ‘Save & Close‘
Now you can refresh your Joomla 3.0 website and the Main Menu title will be gone. If your main menu item heading was ‘Home’ like mine, you will not see it anymore. Below is screenshot of my page now after the change:
If you want to show the Menu Item page heading again, you can go back to step 3 and set ‘Show Page Heading’ = Yes.
Hope that helps. Please leave a comment if you have any questions.