3.0 – Easy steps on how to install a Component in . After you download a component file from the Joomla Extension Directory (JED) or any Joomla extension provider, do not unzip the ZIP file. The easiest way to upload and install a component is in ZIP format. Make sure the component you want to install is compatible with otherwise after you install, you will get errors. The component should clearly state if it works with Joomla 3.0. Below are steps to install a component in Joomla 3.0.
Overview of how to install a component in Joomla 3.0
- Go to Extension Manager
- Select and Upload & Install the Component
- Component Successfully Installed
1. Go to Extension Manager
Joomla 3.0 Extension Manager you can install and uninstall new modules,Joomla 3.0 Extension Manager , plugins, languages, and more.
- Login to your Joomla 3.0 Administrator Backend
- Click on ‘Extensions’, ‘Extension Manager‘
2. Select and Upload & Install the Component
I’m installing a new component into my Joomla 3.0 website. It’s called the AdvancedJoomla 3.0 – Install new component in Extension Manager . You will go to the ‘Install’ on the left navigation and choose a file. It’s easiest to upload the Component ZIP file so do NOT unzip the file after you download it from the JED.
- Click on ‘Install’ on the left navigation
- Click on ‘Upload Package File’
- Click on ‘Choose File’, select the component ZIP file you want to install
- Click on ‘Upload & Install‘
3. Component Successfully Installed
After you clicked on ‘Upload & Install’, if there were no errors, you will see a success message. If there were errors, you will see them now. Make sure you uploaded and installed a component that is Joomla 3.0 compatible.Joomla 3.0 – Install Component Successful
- After installing the component, you will see a success message:
<Component Name> has been installed successfully.
Sorry for choosing such a confusing component to demonstrate installing a component. This component I’m installing is called the ‘Advanced Module Manager’.
Hope that helped you, please leave me a comment if you have any questions.