3.0 Tutorial – It seems like they are always hiding the Trash in the . Even I sometimes get confused as to where to find the trash and how to purge the articles from the trash. So I’ve created this tutorial to help you and myself to remember where the Article Trash Manager is and how to purge deleted Articles from the trash manager.
Overview of how to find & purge deleted Articles:
- Go to the
- Change Status to Trashed in Article Manager
- To Purge Articles – Select Articles and Click Trash
1. Go to the Article Manager
3.0 Article Manager is where all your articles are stored. You can delete, undelete, publish, unpublish, change permissions, change display options for articles and there are tons more features in the Article Manager. Article Manager
- Login to your Backend Administrator
- Click on ‘Content’, ‘Article Manager’
2. Change Status to Trashed in Article Manager
To see your deleted ArticlesJoomla 3.0 – Article Manager State = Trashed , change the status drop down to ‘Trashed’.
- In the Article Manager, Set the Filter:
- Select Status = Trashed
3. To Purge Articles – Select Articles and Click Trash
You can either empty or restore the Articles in the trash in the Joomla 3.0 Article Manager. Below are steps on how to purge or empty the Trash in the Article Manager.Joomla 3.0 – Purge Articles from Trash in Article Manager
- In the Article Manager, use the checkbox to select the articles you want to purge
- Click on ‘ ’
After you have purged or emptied articles from the Trash in Article Manager, remember to change the status filter back to ‘Select Status’. The Article Manager remembers the filters that were last entered and does not reset itself. So in order to see all the Published Articles in your Joomla 3.0, select the status = Select Status.Joomla 3.0 – Article Manager Trash – Change Status
- After purging article in Trash in Article Manager, there will be a message that says:
1 article deleted.
- Set the Filter:
- Trashed = Select Status
Hope that helps,
Related Wordpress and Joomla Help: