3.0 Tutorial on how to remove the category name from articles you see on your website. You can remove the category name article details from all the articles or just one article. I will show you how to remove the category name article detail from all articles on your site. Below is a screenshot of the category name I want to remove from my article:
Overview of How to Remove the Category Name From Articles:
- Go to
- Check Article – Article Options
- Go to Article Global Options in Options
- Hide Category Details in Article Manager Options
- See Article in Joomla Frontend Without Category Name
1. Go to Article Manager
Article Manager manages all the articles in your Joomla website. You can create, edit, delete, unpublish, publish articles and more.
- Login to Joomla 3.0 Administrator Backend
- Click on ‘Content’, ‘Article Manager‘
2. Check Article – Article Options
All Articles are created with a default of showing the category details. If you want to remove the category name from all the articles you can do so by using the article global options. But you have to make sure that showing the category details is set to ‘Use Global’. Go edit your Joomla article to see if this setting is set to ‘Use Global’. If you wish to override the Global settings, you can explicitly set the value here to Show/Hide and this will only affect the article you are editing.
- Go to Article Manager
- Edit an Article
- Click on ‘Article Options’ tab
- Make sure the following value is set:
- Show Category = Use Global
- If you only want this article to not show the category name, you can set show category = Hide.
3. Go to Article Global Options in Article Manager Options
The ‘Use Global’ option in Article Settings refers to the Article Manager Options.
- Go to Article Manager
- Click on ‘Options‘
4. Hide Category Details in Article Manager Options
Here you manage all the settings across all articles that have settings set to ‘Use Global’. As mentioned before, you can override these settings by changing the article settings explicitly in the article.
- Click on ‘Articles’ tab
- Set the following value:
- Show Category = Hide
- Click on ‘Save & Close’
Now you can refresh your Joomla 3.0 Website. The change should be immediate. You can see from my screenshot below that my category details are gone now. It doesn’t say “Category: Joomla”
Hope that helps. Please leave me a comment if you have any questions.