3.0 Tutorial – I wanted to test out how easy it was to manage my 3.0 website from my iPhone and surprisingly it was extremely easy to navigate, but there are some issues, like my search wasn’t working. Perhaps it will be fixed in the next version. The first task I tried was to remove the Login form from the Fontpage from my iPhone. Below I will show you all the steps.
Frontend View from my iPhone BEFORE changes:
High level Overview of steps:
- Go to
- Find ‘Login Form’ Module in
- Disable ‘Login Form’ Module in Module Manager
1. Go to Module Manager in Joomla 3.0
The Module Manager is where you will manage all the pieces visible on your website. If it’s showing up on your website it has to be a module.
- Login to your Joomla 3.0 Backend Administrator
- Click on ‘Module Manager‘
2. Find ‘Login Form’ Module in Module Manager
‘Login Form‘ is the module you need disable to remove it from your. Do not confuse this with the ‘Login’ Module which you will also see. There are 2 ways to disable the ‘Login Form’ module. You can either do it the easy and way, or the hard way. The hard way is done by clicking on the module name to edit it, unpublish and save the module. Below I’m going to show you the easy and fast way.
- Scroll to the next page to find the module name ‘Login Form’
- Click on the green Checkbox beside ‘Login Form’
- You will see that black message box ‘module::Extension enabled’
- Click on the same green Checkbox again
3. Disable ‘Login Form’ Module in Module Manager
- Now you will see a red x beside the ‘Login Form’ Module
- There will be a yellow message box at the top that says:
That means the ‘Login Form’ has been removed from the. You can check by going to the of your website. This change affects both the Smartphone/Mobile/iPhone view of your website and also the normal desktop view of your site. See the screenshot below of how my Joomla 3.0 looks now on my iPhone without the Login form.