3.0 Tutorial – This tutorial will help you undelete an article from the Trash. If you accidentally deleted an article, you can recover it by going into the Trash Manager in the . Publish the Article and it will be moved from the Trash area to the Active/Published Articles area. Below I will show you steps on how to recover deleted articles from the Trash Manager in the .
Overview of how to Undelete an Article from the Trash Manager:
- Go to the Article Manager
- Change Status, Use Checkbox and ‘Publish’ Article in Trash Manager
- Change Status to Select Status – Success!
1. Go to the Article Manager
3.0 Article Manager is where you can manage all the articles in . You can delete, undelete, publish, unpublish, change article display options, change permissions, copy & paste articles, move articles to different categories and more.
- Login to your Joomla 3.0 Backend Administrator
- Click on ‘Content’, ‘Article Manager’
2. Change Status, Use Checkbox and ‘Publish’ Article in Trash Manager
To see deleted articles in Joomla 3.0, you must change the filter status to ‘Trashed‘. This is where you will find the Article Trash Manager. You can chose to purge articles from the Trash manager or choose to undelete and restore the articles from Trash. Click on ‘Publish‘ to move the articles out of trash back into the Article Manager.
- Set the Filter:
- Select Status = Trashed
- Use checkbox to select articles to restore from Trash
- Click on ‘Publish‘
3. Change Status to Select Status – Success!
After you clicked on ‘Publish’ in Joomla 3.0, this moved the article from the Trash into the Article Manager. The article has been restored. You must now change the status back to ‘select status’ to see all your active and published articles.
- After you click on ‘Publish‘, you will see a message that says:
1 article published.
- This means that your article has been undeleted and recovered.
- Now to change the status so you can see all the active and published articles, set the Filter:
- Trashed = Select Status
Hope that helps!