This3.0 Tutorial will show you how to upload an image to a subfolder in your . By default, if you click on the upload button, will upload images to the root media folder. If you are using a control panel with a file manager, you will find your media files under the ‘images’ folder.
In my example, I am uploading my CmsMind logo into the Banners subfolder. Below are the steps to achieve this:
Overview of How to Upload Images to Subfolder:
- Go to
- Click on ‘Banners’ Subfolder in
- Click on ‘Upload’ in Media Manager
- Start Upload Image to Subfolder in Media Manager
- See Image in Subfolder
1. Go to Media Manager
Media Manager is where you manage the images you upload using the administrator panel. You can also change the maximum upload limit and other settings as well.
- Login to your Joomla 3.0 Administrator backend
- Click on ‘Content’
- Click on ‘Media Manager‘
2. Click on ‘Banners’ Subfolder in Media Manager
- Click on the subfolder you want your image to be uploaded into
- For my example, I will click on ‘banners‘ folder
3. Click on ‘Upload’ in Media Manager
Now you can click on the upload button to upload an image to this folder.
- Click on ‘Upload‘
4. Start Upload Image to Subfolder in Media Manager
Chose the file from your computer and click on ‘Start Upload’. This will upload the image to the subfolder you are in.
- Click on ‘Choose Files‘
- Select images to upload
- Click on ‘Start Upload‘
5. See Image in Subfolder
Now you will see the image successfully uploaded.
The image will show up in the banners folder. You can see from the image url that it is in the correct subfolder.
Upload Complete: banners/cmsmind-.jpg