3.0 Tutorial – How to Empty the Trash Manager. After you delete unwanted Modules from your , their status changes to ‘Trashed’. You can find the Trash Manager by simply changing the status to ‘Trashed’ in your Module Manager. From the Trashed Status view you can either empty the trash or choose to undelete them by changing their status back to ‘Published’. Below is a tutorial on how to purge the Module Manager Trash.
Overview of how to Purge Module Manager Trash
- Go to Module Manager in 3.0
- Change Status to ‘Trashed’
- Select Modules to Emtpy from Trash
- Change Status back to ‘Select Status’
1. Go to Module Manager in3.0
Module Manager is how you control what users see on your website. Each Template has a module map and you can place modules in positions that are defined in this module map.
- Login to your Joomla 3.0 Administrator Backend
- Click on ‘Extensions’
- Click on ‘Module Manager’
2. Change Status to ‘Trashed’
Once you trash a module, it’s status just get changes to ‘Trashed’. You can visit the Module Manager Trash bin and choose to purge your trashed items to restore them.
- In Module Manager: Modules
- Click on ‘Select Status’
- Click on ‘Trashed‘
3. Select Modules to Emtpy from Trash
To purge the items from the Module Manager Trash you select all the items you want to purge and click on ‘’. If you want to restore them, you select the items and click on ‘Publish’. In my example below, I am purging all the items from the Module Manager trash.
- Select all items to purge from the Module Manager Modules Trash Manager
- Click on ‘Empty Trash‘
- You will see a message that looks like:
2 modules successfully deleted
4. Change Status back to ‘Select Status’
Now you purged everything from the Module Manager Trash bin. You must change the filter ‘Trashed’ back to ‘Select Status’ to see all your active modules.
- Click on ‘Trashed’
- Select ‘Select Status‘ from the drop down
Hope that helps you. Please leave a comment if you have any questions.