3.1.1 Tutorial on How to create a new menu. Menu’s are ways to display on your website. Menu’s are blank without menu items. So after you create menus you create menu items to place inside it. In this tutorial, I will show you how to create a new menu in your .
Overview of How to Create a Menu in your
- Go to , Add New Menu
- Add New Menu Details in Menu Manager
- See New Menu Created in Menu Manager
- See New Menu in Menu Manager Drop Down, Add Menu Items
1. Go to Menu Manager, Add New Menu
3.1.1 Menu Manager contains all the menus you have on your website. These are navigational points on your site. Inside your Menu Manager, you can have many menus and inside menus, you can have many menu items.
- Login to your Joomla 3.1.1 Administrator Backend
- Click on ‘Menus’, ‘Menu Manager’, ‘Add New Menu‘
2. Add New Menu Details in Menu Manager
Here is where you will enter the name of your menu. This is only visible to you as the administrator. You can always change the name of the menu in the Module Manager before you publish it to the world. My new menu is called ‘Contact Display’. You can name your menu anything you want.
- In Menu Manager: Add Menu, enter Menu Details:
- Title = Contact Display
- Menu Type = Elaine Contact Display
- Description = Elaine Contact Display
- Click on ‘Save & Close‘
3. See New Menu Created in Menu Manager
Your new menu is created and you can see it in the list of menus in your Joomla 3.1.1 Menu Manager.
- See new menu created in Menu Manager: Menus
4. See New Menu in Menu Manager Drop Down, Add Menu Items
You can now add menu items to your new Menu. You can have many and different types of menu items. There is a list of different menu items you can have based on what type ofyou have installed. Menu items are functions of the components you have installed on your Joomla website.