3.1.1 Tutorial on how to create a new user group. You can assign many users to a user group. For example, I’m creating an ‘ ’s Teachers Group’ as a Publisher in my site. You can then create an access group to assign users to. See below How to Create a new user group.
Overview of How to Create a New User Group
- Go to Groups, Add New Group in
- Enter New User Group Details in
- See New Group in User Group List in User Manager
1. Go to Groups, Add New Group in User Manager
You can create a new group in the User Manager.
- Login to Joomla 3.1.1 Administrator Backend
- Click on ‘Users’, ‘Groups’, ‘Add New Group’
2. Enter New User Group Details in User Manager
Enter in details of new user group in the User Manager.
- In the User Manager: Edit Group, enter the following details:
- Group Title = ’s Teacher Group
- Group Parent = Publisher
- Click on ‘Save & Close’
3. See New Group in User Group List in User Manager
After you save and close the new group details, you can see it in the user group list.
- See new user group in group list
Now you can add new users to your new group list.