3.1.1 Tutorial on how to create a new user group. You can assign many users to a user group. For example, I’m creating an ‘ ’s Teachers Group’ as a Publisher in my site. You can then create an access group to assign users to. See below How to Create a new user group.
Overview of How to Create a New User Group
- Go to Groups, Add New Group in
- Enter New User Group Details in
- See New Group in User Group List in
1. Go to Groups, Add New Group in User Manager
You can create a new group in the User Manager.
3.1.1 User Manager Add New Group
- Login to Joomla 3.1.1 Administrator Backend
- Click on ‘Users’, ‘Groups’, ‘Add New Group’
2. Enter New User Group Details in User Manager
Enter in details of new user group in the User Manager.
Joomla 3.1.1 User Manager New Group Details
- In the User Manager: Edit Group, enter the following details:
- Group Title = ’s Teacher Group
- Group Parent = Publisher
- Click on ‘Save & Close’
3. See New Group in User Group List in User Manager
After you save and close the new group details, you can see it in the user group list.
Joomla 3.1.1 User Group List
- See new user group in group list
Now you can add new users to your new group list.