3.1.1 Tutorial on How to create a new contact in the Contacts Manager. You can create contact information and display them on your website. You can link the contacts to an existing user id, or you can enter the individual contact details. You can enter contact details such as contact name, image, position, contact email address, contact address, contact phone number, and more. Below you can see how to create a new contact in the Contacts Manager.
Overview of How to Create a New Contact in Contact Manager
- Go to , Contacts Manager
- Create New Contacts in Contact Manager
- Enter New Contact Details
- See List of New Contacts in Contact Manager
1. Go to, Contacts Manager
You can create new contacts in your3.1.1 website in the Contacts Manager.
- Login to Joomla 3.1.1 Administrator Backend
- Click on ‘Components’, ‘Contacts‘
2. Create New Contacts in Contact Manager
Create new contact in Contact Manager in Joomla 3.1.1.
- Click on ‘Contacts’
- Click on ‘New‘
3. Enter New Contact Details
Enter in the new contact details. You can enter in contact name, contact email address, link to an existing user, contact phone number, contact address and more. Each contact must be assigned to a contact category. If you don’t have one, you can see my tutorial here on how to create a contact category.
- In Contact Manager: Manager . New Contact, enter in the following details:
- Name = Frank Flow
- Linked User = Frank Flow – This is an existing user that has a userid in my Joomla 3.1.1 website. If you want to know how to create a new user manually, click here for my tutorial.
- Category = ’s Finance Team
- Miscellaneous Information = Frank is in ’s Finance Team
- Click on ‘Save & Close’
4. See List of New Contacts in Contact Manager
I created 4 new contacts in my Contact Manager. 2 of the users are linked to existing users on my Joomla 3.1.1 website and 2 are not.
- Contact Successfully Saved
- You can see in the column ‘Linked User’ that 2 of the contacts are linked and 2 are not
- 2 belong to the Finance Team
- 2 belong to the Sales Team
After you create contacts you can list them using a menu item in your website. You can choose to create a contact form for these contacts to be available for people to contact them via the form.