3.1.1 Tutorial – You can manage all your users in your 3.1.1 . You can edit, change passwords, change access levels, change the name, disable users, block users and more all from the . So to delete a user, you will also delete from the . One inconsistent thing in the User Manager is that once you delete the user, there is no ‘Trash’ status to purge the deleted user. So this also means, if you delete a user, you cannot undelete or restore the user from the Trash.
Overview of How to Delete a User in User Manager
- Go to Users, User Manager
- Find & Delete User in User Manager
- User Successfully Deleted
1. Go to Users, User Manager
Go to the User Manager to manage users registered in your Joomla 3.1.1 website. You can edit, delete, change passwords, change user names, change user access levels and more.
Joomla 3.1.1 Users User Manager
- Login to your Joomla 3.1.1 Backend Administrator
- Click on ‘Users’, ‘User Manager‘
2. Find User to Delete in User Manager
In the User Manager, you can user the search to find the user you want to delete. In my example, I’m searching for ‘delete’. Then use the checkbox to select the user and click on the ‘Delete’ button.
Joomla 3.1.1 Find and Delete User In User Manager
- Search for the user ‘delete’
- Use the checkbox to select the user to Delete
- Click on ‘Delete‘ button in the Admin toolbar
3. User Successfully Deleted
Now the user is deleted from the User Manager. That user you just deleted will not have access to your site anymore. One thing with deleting a user from your site is that they can recreate a new user name with the same email address. If you just wanted to block the user, you can follow my tutorial here on blocking a user from your site.
Joomla 3.1.1 User Deleted in User Manager
- User Deleted, see message that says:
- One user successfully deleted.
After you delete the user, you do not have to purge the deleted user from the trash. There is no User Manager User Trash area to purge deleted users. That also means you will not have the ability to undelete or restore deleted users. So delete at your own risk.