3.1.1 Tutorial on How to Hide the Article Voting in Articles in your website. As you can see from my screenshot below, my site currently displays the article voting. The 5 dots are what was voted for the article. I want to hide the Article Voting. Below are steps on how I hid the voting for all articles on my 3.1.1 website.
Joomla 3.1.1 Tutorial – Article Voting
Overview of Steps to Hide Article Voting
- Go to Content
- Click on Options
- Go to Articles Tab in Article Manager Options
- Hide Article Voting in Article Manager Options
1. Go to Content Article Manager
Article Manager is where you manage all your articles. You can edit, delete, publish, unpublish articles and more.
Joomla 3.1.1 Content Article Manager
- Login to your Joomla 3.1.1 Backend Administrator
- Click on ‘Content’, ‘Article Manager‘
2. Click on Article Manager Options
Article Manager Options manage all article settings that are set to “Use Global”. You can override the Article Manager options global settings by changing the article settings individually in articles.
Joomla 3.1.1 Tutorial Article Manager Options
- In Article Manager: Articles:
- Click on ‘Options‘
3. Go to Articles Tab in Article Manager Options
The Article Manager options manages the display of articles, categories, featured articles, blogs and more.
Joomla 3.1.1 Tutorial Article Manager Options Article Tab
- In Article Manager Options:
- Click on ‘Articles‘ tab
4. Hide Article Voting in Article Manager Options
There are many article settings you can manage globally in the Article Manager Options. You can manage the publishing date, create date, display tags, display author, display article hits, display article voting and more.
Joomla 3.1.1 Tutorial – Hide Article Voting
- Scroll down to ‘Show Voting’, set the following value:
- Show Voting = ‘Hide’
- Click on ‘Save & Close’
Now you can refresh your Joomla 3.1.1 frontend and view your articles. You will not see the article voting on any of the articles anymore. If you still see articles with voting options, you can check that specific article to see if the voting option was explicitly set to ‘Show’. You can either set that to ‘Hide’, or change it back to ‘Use Global’ and it will pick up the Article Manager global settings set in the Article Manager Options.