3.1.1 Tutorial – Easily make sticky in 3.1.1. You can edit the numbering in the ordering in the section to make articles always stay at the top. You can just change the ordering number to a negative number and the proceeding number automatically changes to order accordingly. See my tutorial below.
Overview of How to Make Featured Articles Sticky
- Go to 3.1.1 Featured Articles Manager
- Click on Ordering in Featured Articles Manager
- Edit the Ordering Number to Make Featured Article Sticky
- Save Ordering to Make Featured Article Sticky
- Featured Article Successfully Saved
1. Go to Joomla 3.1.1 Featured Articles Manager
Featured Articles is a menu item type option you can use to display selected articles in a menu. Featured Articles are usually displayed on theof your Joomla website. You can manage your featured articles in the Featured Articles Manager.
- Login to your Joomla 3.1.1 Administrator Backend
- Click on ‘Content’, ‘Featured Articles‘
2. Click on Ordering in Featured Articles Manager
To manually alter the ordering of Featured Articles, you can click on the column heading ‘Ordering’. This will enable you to enter a number to sort your Featured Articles instead of using the up and down arrow. Makes life SOOOO MUCH EASIER I must say.
- In Article Manager: Featured Articles
- Click on the title ‘Ordering‘
3. Edit the Ordering Number to Make Featured Article Sticky
- I want to make ‘cmsmind sticky article’ stay at the top of the page so I will edit the number to be
- Ordering = -1
4. Save Ordering to Make Featured Article Sticky
Save the ordering of Featured Articles.
- Click to ‘Save Ordering’
5. Featured Article Successfully Saved
The ordering you entered has been successfully saved. You can see that Joomla 3.1.1 automatically renumbered the proceeding articles. The next article is now saved in 1st position.
I tested the sticky featured article by creating a new article and it saved into position 1.
Hope that helps,