3.1.1 Tutorial on How to manually create new registered users in your website. Typically, users will register through your account creation link on your frontend website. You do not have to manually create new users. But on a rare occasion, you might want to manually create a registered user. I manually created a new user called Frank Flow on my site. Below are the 3 easy steps to create a new registered user.
Overview of How to Manually Create a New Registered User
- Go to , Add New User
- Add Account Details of New User in
- Assign Access Level of Registered for New User in User Manager
1. Go to User Manager, Add New User
3.1.1 User Manager allows you to manage all users that are registered on your site. You can edit, delete, activate, deactivate, create new groups and more in the User Manager.
- Login to your Joomla 3.1.1 Administrator Backend
- Click on ‘Users’, ‘User Manager’, ‘Add New User’
2. Add Account Details of New User in User Manager
Here you will enter the new user details. This includes the new user’s name, userid, password, activation date and more. My new registered user is Frank Flow.
- In the User Manager: Add New User, enter the following details:
- Name = Frank Flow
- Login Name = Frankflow
- Password = adfasdfasfasf
- Email = @Cmsmind.com
3. Assign Access Level of Registered for New User in User Manager
The new user is automatically assigned the default ‘new user’ group. In my site, I assigned the default user group to be ‘Registered’. So I technically don’t have to change the user group level to ‘Registered’ because it’s already set. But I will double check the new users’ assigned user groups.
- Click on ‘Assigned User Groups’
- Use the checkbox to select ‘ Registered‘
- Click on ‘Save & Close’
Now you will have a new registered user with the name of Frank Flow and user id is frankflow.