When you view your3.1.1 website , you might see this huge title that says ‘Home’ on it. Sometimes it’s nice to let your users know that they are on the home page, but other times, it can be a little annoying. You can either change the title to something else, or totally remove it from the top of your site. This tutorial will show you how to remove the Home Page title.
- Go to Joomla 3.1.1
- Edit the Home Menu in
- Go to Advanced Options in Home Menu Manager
- Go to Page Display Options and Remove the Home Page Title
1. Go to Joomla 3.1.1 Menu Manager
Go to your Menu Manager, and locate where your home page is stored. You will see a little house icon next to the menu where your homepage is.
- Login to your Joomla 3.1.1 Administrator Backend
- Click on ‘Menus’, ‘Main Menu‘
2. Edit the Home Menu in Menu Manager
The ‘Home’ is the default homepage when visitors visit your site. There is a star next to it under the column for ‘Home’
- Click on ‘Home‘
3. Go to Advanced Options in Home Menu Manager
Switch to the Advanced Options, where you can customize your menu with layout options, article options, integration options, page display options and more.
- Click on ‘Advanced Options‘
4. Go to Page Display Options and Remove the Home Page Title
The heading is controlled in the Page Display Options. Scroll down and expand the ‘Page Display Options’.
- Scroll down and expand heading ‘Page Display Options’
- Set the following value:
- Show Page Heading = No
- Click on ‘Save & Close’
Now you can refresh your Joomal 3.1.1 frontend and the Home page heading should be gone. You can also change the home page heading via the steps above and in step 4, you can change the value for ‘Page Heading’ and remember to set the Show Page heading back to Yes.
Hope that helps you,