Knowing where your module positions is essential to mapping out a layout of your site. Each template has a module map that you can look up if you didn’t save it from where you downloaded it, or if they didn’t provide it. Templates can have anywhere between 5-90 different module positions to place your menus, banners, footer, navigation, content, modules and more. Below are steps to view your template module map.
- Go to
- Go to the Options
- Enable Preview of Module Positions
- View the Module Positions from the Frontend
Here are the detail steps with screenshots:
1. Go to the
is where you manage the templates you uploaded to your site. You can edit the html, modify, activate, deactivate, make default templates and more.
- Login to your 3.3 Administrator
- Click on ‘Extensions’, ‘Template Manager’
2. Go to the Extensions Options
Here you can change the template global options.
- Click on ‘Options’
3. Enable Preview of Module Positions
Click on the Enable button to allow you to see the template module map.
- In the Templates tab, Click on ‘Enabled’
- Click on ‘Save and Close’
4. View the Module Positions from the Frontend
Now you can go to the frontend. You need to add a tag at the end of your URL to view the template module map.
- At the end of your main site URL, type in the following – ?tp=1
- eg. http://www.cmsmind.com/?tp=1
Hope that helps.