This is an easy tutorial on how to do a batch copy and paste ofin your component. I was trying to create many weblinks at the same time and didn’t want to spend the time to create them one by one. So I used the batch process to copy the existing ones and paste them into the same category. You can also use the batch process to copy and paste links into different categories or more existing weblinks to different categories. Below I will show you how to copy and paste weblinks into the same category.
Overview of How to Batch Copy and Paste Weblinks
- Go to Weblinks Manager
- Select Weblinks to Copy & Click Batch
- Select Category to Paste Weblinks Into
- Weblinks Successfully Pasted
1. Go to Weblinks Manager
Your Weblinks is a component that is installed when you installed. You will find the Weblinks manager under .
- Login to your 3.0 Administrator backend
- Click on ‘Components’
- Click on ‘Weblinks‘, ‘Links’
2. Select Weblinks to Copy & Click Batch
Here you will see all the weblinks you created on your site. Each weblink must be assigned to a category. Select all the weblinks you want to copy and click on the ‘Batch’ button in the toolbar.
- In the Web Links Manager, use the checkbox to select the links to copy
- Click on ‘Batch‘
3. Select Category to Paste Weblinks Into
After you click the ‘Batch’ button, you will see a window that pops up. Here you will select if you want to copy/paste the links and into which category. In my example, I’m just copying the links into the same category.
- In the ‘Batch process the selected links’ window
- Set the following values:
- Select Category for Move/Copy = CmsMind Search
- Click on ‘Process‘
4. Weblinks Successfully Pasted
Next screen you will see the Web links manager links again. This time there will be more links because you copied and pasted more links into it. You will see a message that says:
- In Web Links Manager : Web Links, see the success message:
Batch process completed successfully
You can edit the links and change the name of them. You can tell the copies from the originals because the copies will have a number beside them as shown above. This is my third copy of the Google and Yahoo links so it is suffixed with (3).
Hope that helps. Thanks,