3 Tutorial to show you how to delete an article in the . It’s very easy to click on the delete button in the , but did you know it’s not really gone? By trashing it in the , you just changed the status of the article from ‘Published’ to ‘Trashed’. So now you have to go to the Article Manager Trash Manager and purge it from the Trash. Below are steps on how to really Delete an Article in Article Manager.
Overview of Steps:
- Go to Article Manager
- Select and Trash Article in Article Manager
- Go to Trash Manager in Article Manager
- Select Article and
- Go Back to Article Manager Published Articles
1. Go to Article Manager
In3, Article Manager manages all the articles you create. You can create new articles, edit, publish, unpublish, and more.
- Login to your Joomla 3.0 Administrator backend
- Click on ‘Content’
- Click on ‘Article Manager‘
2. Select and Trash Article in Article Manager
You can delete the article directly from the Article Manager. Just use the checkbox to select your article and click on the ‘Trash’ button on the Admin toolbar.
- In Article Manager: Articles
- Use checkbox to select article to delete
- Click on ‘Trash‘ in Admin toolbar
3. Go to Trash Manager in Article Manager
By ‘Trash’ing the Article in Article Manager, you just changed the status of the article from ‘Published’ to ‘Trashed’. The article still exists, it’s just sitting in the Trash Manager or the Recycling bin. Now you have to switch your view to filter only the ‘Trashed’ articles.
- You will get a message that says “1 article trashed’.
- Under Filter, set the following
- Select Status Filter = Trashed
4. Select Article andin Article Trash Manager
Here is the Joomla 3 Article Manager Trash Manager. All articles that you deleted before will be sitting here until you empty them from the trash. If you click onwithout selecting any articles, nothing will happen. You have to select the articles you want to remove from the Trash to remove it.
- In Article Manager: articles Trash Manager
- Use checkbox to Select Article to purge
- Click on ‘Empty Trash’
5. Go Back to Article Manager Published Articles in Article Manager Trash Manager
Joomla 3 remembers which filter you were in last, so if you are still in the Trashed filter, you might panic because you won’t see all your articles. It’s best to change the view back to see all the published articles. You can do that by changing the filter status back to ‘Select status’.
- In Article Manager: Articles Trash Manager
- Under Filter: set the following
- Trashed = – Select Status-
That will change the Article Manager view back to see all Articles you have published and unpublished on your site.