3 Tutorial on how to redirect users when they login to your website. Once users successfully login to your website, you can redirect users to any menu item that you created in your . If you don’t specify a redirect login page, users will be directed to your default main menu page which you specified in your already. You can redirect users to a different default page based on if they are logged in users or guests. To redirect users once they login, you need to edit the login form module in the . Below are steps on how to change the page to redirect users once they log in.
Overview of How to Redirect Users on Login:
- Go to
- Edit Your Login Form Module in Module Manager
- Go to Login Module Options to Redirect Users on Login
1. Go toModule Manager
Module Manager is where you manage all the elements that show up on your website. You can edit, delete, publish, unpublish, delete, create new modules in the Module Manager.
Extensions Module Manager
- Login to your Joomla 3 Administrator Backend
- Click on ‘Extensions’
- Click on ‘Module Manager‘
2. Edit Your Login Form Module in Module Manager
To change the redirect page when users login to your site, you will need to edit your Login Form module. Your login form module might be named differently, so search for the login form that is published on your website.
Joomla 3 Module Manager Edit Login Form
- Search for the Login form published on your site
- Edit the Login Form
3. Go to Login Module Options to Redirect Users on Login
You can change the page users land on when they login to your website. By default they are directed to your default main menu item that you selected in Menu Manager. Here you can change the page registered users (and above) will land on when they sign into your page. In my example, I’m assigning ‘CmsMind List All Categories’ as the menu item users will go to once they login to my site.
Joomla 3 Module Manager Login Options Change Redirect Page
- In Module Manager: Module Login Form
- Click on ‘Options’ tab
- Under Basic Options, set the following value:
- Login Redirection Page = CmsMind List All Categories (choose one of your existing menu items)
- Click on ‘Save & Close’
Now you can refresh your Joomla 3 website. Test it out by logging in. Once you log in, you should be redirected to the menu item page you selected in step 3.