In the effort to clean my, I managed to delete categories that I need. Luckily I didn’t purge them from my Category Trash Manager yet so I can still restore them. If you already purged your deleted categories from your Category Trash Manager, you cannot restore them. You can always restore deleted categories if you have not purged them from your Category Trash Manager yet. Below are steps to restore your deleted categories in 3.
3 Tutorial : Overview of How to Restore Deleted Categories
- Go to Content
- Filter for Trashed Categories in
- Restore Deleted Categories in Category Trash Manager
- Categories Successfully Restored in
- Change Filter back to Published in Category Manager
1. Go to Content Category Manager
You can create many categories in your. Each article must be assigned to one category. In your category manager you can edit, delete, create new, modify categories.
- Login to your Joomla 3.0 Administrator Backend
- Click on ‘Content’
- Click on ‘Category Manager‘
2. Filter for Trashed Categories in Category Manager
Once you delete your categories, the status of the category changes to ‘Trashed’. You will change your status filter to trashed to see all your trashed categories. This is also the Category Trash Manager.
- Along the left navigation, you will see’ Select Status’
- Click on ‘- Select Status -‘
- Click on ‘Trashed‘
3. Restore Deleted Categories in Category Trash Manager
Restoring deleted categories is done by simply changing the status of the deleted category to published. You can go into each category individually and changing the status, or you can select categories from this page and clicking on the button at the top ‘Published’
- Select trashed categories you want to restore with the checkbox
- Click on ‘Publish‘
4. Categories Successfully Restored in Category Manager
Next you will see a green message box that says your categories are successfully published which also means you successfully restored your deleted categories.
- See a green message box that says:
Message: 3 categories successfully published
5. Change Filter back to Published in Category Manager
Now you should change the status filter back to see all the published categories so the next time you view the category manager you won’t panic if you see nothing. The select status remembers where you were last and won’t change to the published categories by itself.
- Along the left navigation
- Click on ‘ – Select Status -‘
- Click on ‘Published‘
Now you should see all your categories restored in your Category Manager.
Hope that helps,