If you turned on your Debug mode in3 to you will see Debug Console at the bottom of your website. If you expand all the sections, you can see that it displays very detailed information about your tables, column names, profile information, system information, memory usage, session information and more. So if you turned it on and resolved your issue, it’s best that you turn debug mode off in case hackers decide to visit your site. You don’t want your data to be comprised because you forgot to turn off the Debug mode. Below are steps on how to turn off your debug mode in 3.
Overview of Steps to Turn Off Debug Mode in Joomla
- Go to your System Global Configuration
- Turn Off Debug Mode in System Settings in Global Configuration
1. Go to your System Global Configuration
Your System Global Information is information about your server, database, permissions and more. You will find the debug settings in the global configuration.
- Login to your Joomla 3 Administrator backend
- Click on ‘System’
- Click on ‘Global Configuration‘
2. Turn On Debug Mode in System Settings in Global Configuration
In your System Global Configuration, you can control your website system settings including the path to your log folder, help server, Cache settings, Session settings and more. Here you will modify the Debug settings.
Joomla 3 System Global Configuration Turn off debug mode
- Click on the ‘System’ tab
- Under Debug Settings, set the following value:
- Debug System = No
- Click on ‘Save & Close’
Once you refresh your Joomla website from the frontend, you will not see the debug information anymore.
Hope that helps,