When you get errors ineither with a module or component, you can turn on your Debug mode and see errors that occur on your site. There are 4 different categories of debug information you can see when you turn on your Debug mode in . Debug information includes data for your session, profile information, memory usage and database queries. This debug information is most useful when finding errors in your module or component queries. Steps are below on how to turn on your Debug console in Joomla 3.
Overview of Steps to Turn on Debug Mode in Joomla
- Go to your System Global Configuration
- Turn On Debug Mode in System Settings in Global Configuration
- View your Debug Console on your Joomla Website
1. Go to your System Global Configuration
Your System global configuration is where you can control the visibility of your website, your SEF links, site name, site description, database information can also be viewed from here. The Global Configuration is a very important link to control and manage your site at the highest level.
Joomla 3 Tutorial – System Global Configuration
- Login to your Joomla 3 Administrator backend
- Click on ‘System’
- Click on ‘Global Configuration‘
2. Turn On Debug Mode in System Settings in Global Configuration
In your System Global Configuration, you can control your website system settings including the path to your log folder, help server, Cache settings, Session settings and more. Here we will modify the Debug settings.
Joomla 3 Tutorial Turn on Debug Mode
- Click on the ‘System’ tab
- Under Debug Settings, set the following value:
- Debug System = Yes
- Click on ‘Save & Close’
3. View your Debug Console on your Joomla Website
After you save your debug settings, switch over to your Joomla website frontend. Scroll down to the bottom and you will see your debug console settings. It might take a few minutes for it to show up because for me it didn’t show up right away. You will also see when you create a new module in Module Manager, the debug console also will show up at the bottom. This is what my Joomla website looks like when I scrolled down to the bottom of my page.
Joomla 3 Tutorial – Debug Mode is on
Hope that helps!