Now that I found where the features articles are, how can I change the ordering of the articles showing up on the front page? This was easily done in. There were arrows where you could manually slide the articles up and down the page. You could also change the ordering by changing the number beside the article. Sometimes this wouldn’t work so I would just use the arrows to physically move them up or down the article ladder. Now that I’m looking at the new article menu, I don’t see the arrows anymore. So how can I change the ordering of the manually? I can’t even change the numbers in the “ordering” column. The numbers are all greyed out.
Here is how:
1. Go to youradministrator backend.
2. Click on ‘Content’, ‘Featured Articles’, look at the right side and click on the ‘Options’ button.
3. In the “Options”, go to the tab “Blog/Featured Layouts”
4. If you are using– Change Dropdown labeled “Category Order” = “No order” (Thanks to Nils for the update – This is for )
If You are using1.6.3
- Go to ‘Shared Options’ tab
- Set ‘Category Order’ = ‘No Order”
5. Change Dropdown labeled “Article Order” = “ordering”.
6. Save youroptions.
This is to activate the ability to edit the numbers in the “Ordering” column to change the ordering of your articles, it does not allow you to make any changes yet. Don’t forget this important step:
7. Click on the column title ‘ Ordering’
This will actually make the text boxes editable and you can numerically position your articles as you want them to appear. If you only have 5 articles published and featured, Position ‘1’ means it will be the first article at the top and position ‘5’ will be the last or very bottom article on your1.6 website.
8. Change ordering number in the “ordering” column.
9. Once done, you will see a little save icon beside the ‘Ordering’ title.
10. Click the little save button.
Refresh your1.6 website and you will see the ordering changed on your front page. This took me a while to understand. I got confused at the part where I had to click on the title ‘Ordering’. So that’s why I stress that point, otherwise you won’t be able to change the number of the ordering. BTW you cannot drag and drop the articles or physically move them with your mouse to another position above (because I tried that too). Only way to change the ordering of or featured articles is to go through the steps above.