Error : When saving an article in the you get an error message that says:
“Save Failed with the Following Error: Invalid Parent ID”
This mainly occurs after creating and then saving any new article. The articles save and you can see them in thebut this may cause problems down the line if they are not associating themselves with a category parent id. You can also view the content table in your and see that the Asset_id = 0.
The problem is probably the template you are using. So far from what I’ve seen is that if you are using the Artisteer, you will surely encounter problems. I would first install a different . Then proceed with the steps below:
1. Login to youror administrator backend.
2. Go to the– Click on Menus, , Click on the ‘Rebuild’ button
3. You will see a message that says:
4. Go to the– Click on Content, , Click on the ‘Rebuild’ button.
5. You will see a message that says:
Categories tree data successfully rebuilt.
6. Edit all your parent categories and save them.
7. Edit all your sub-categories and save them.
8. Go back to the, edit all the articles that were created with the ‘Invalid Parent ID” error message and save it.
After refreshing your menus, categories you should not have any problems creating new articles anymore. As to the existing articles that had asset_id = 0, those asset_id’s will get populated after you open and save the articles.
Hope that helps! Thanks,