Deleted objects inwere causing issues again on my website. I recently created a menu item named “ ” for article submissions Menu but later deleted the menu item. Then I realized that I really wanted to keep it so I recreated the menu item with the same name “ ”. After saving the menu item I got a error message:
Save failed with the following error:
Another menu with the same parent has this alias.
After messing around with the, I finally found the problem. As always, it was a very simple solution. The reason I was getting this error message was because when I deleted the menu item it was still in my in the ‘Trash’ status. I simply needed to empty out the ‘Trash’.
Solution: Empty out the Trash. See below the steps to empty out your menu item trash:
1. Log in to youradministrator backend.
2. Click on ‘Menu’, ‘’, Change tab to ‘Menu Items’
3. From the filter drop downs, ‘Select State’ = Trash
4. Using the checkboxes on the side to select the menu items you want to delete permanently.
5. Click on the button ‘’. In my case, I would select ‘ ’ menu item and ‘ ’ it.
Now go to your menu items and you should be able to create a new menu item with the same name as the one you deleted. For me, I was able to create another menu item named ‘Tips’.