Error message when upgrading from to with Jupgrade.
Upgrading yourversion is the most dreaded part of maintaining a Joomla website. There are always problems when it comes to upgrading your version. That’s why I would recommend using a component to assist in the data migration. Using Jupgrade is a simple / / component that will download the latest version of Joomla, decompressand install it on your Joomla webhosting. Afterwards it will migrate all data from your old Joomla website to the new installation ie (or Joomla 1.6).
The Error Message: An error that I encountered was after using Jupgrade and in thecreating a new menu item:
Save failed with the following error: JTableMenu: _getNode Failed
The Problem: The issue is that in the menu table the record with id = 1 is missing and not migrated over. This record is important to the creation of new menu items.
The Solution: Add the record back into the database.
- My database name = MyJoomlaDatabase
- My prefix is = mjd17_
Follow the steps below to fix this Joomla error message:
1. Login to your webhosting control panel.
2. Click on the, login to your database
3. Click on the SQL tab
4. Copy the query below and paste it in the textbox. REPLACE the database name and prefix in italics with your own.
INSERT INTO `MyJoomlaDatabase`.`mjd17_menu` (`id` ,`menutype` ,`title` ,`alias` ,`note` ,`path` ,`link` ,`type` ,`published` ,`parent_id` ,`level` ,`component_id` ,`ordering` ,`checked_out` ,`checked_out_time` ,`browserNav` ,`access` ,`img` ,`template_style_id` ,`params` ,`lft` ,`rgt` ,`home` ,`language` ,`client_id` ) VALUES ( ’1′, ”, ‘Menu_Item_Root’, ‘root’, ”, ”, ”, ”, ’1′, ’0′, ’0′, ’0′, ’0′, ’0′, ’0000-00-00 00:00:00′, ’0′, ’0′, ”, ’0′, ”, ’0′, ’0′, ’0′, ‘*’, ’0′)
5. Click on the ‘GO’ button.
After the query successfully inserts a new record in your menu table, test creating a new menu item and you should have no problems. Also I must stress before you do any upgrades or migration from Joomla versions, you should make backups of your files and database in case anything goes wrong. In the worst case you can always revert back to your old version.
Related Wordpress and Joomla Help:
- Joomla 1.6 Save Menu Item Error – “Save Failed With Following Error…”
- Joomla Error – Joomla Save Failed with the Following Error: Invalid Parent ID
- Joomla 1.7 Error – On Logout ‘An error has occured. The request page cannot be found’
- Joomla 2.5 Error “-1 – An error has occurred . Copy failed”
- Joomla 1.7 – Why I cannot see the ‘Add Menu Title’ in the Menu Item