Help – How to Hide Menu Item Titles
Theis where you manage all the navigational elements in your website. The name of the menu item you create shows up by default as the page title in the <H1> tag. If you do not want to display the menu item name as the page title on your website, you can choose to disable this feature. For example:
- In the ‘ ’ menu, I have a menu item called “ Themes’. I want to hide this page title and not show it as a header.
Steps – How to Hide the Menu item Title:
Replace the menu names/items in italics with your own
1. Login to youradministrator backend.
2. Click on ‘Menus’, WordPress,
3. Open and Edit ‘‘.
4. Use the twistie to see options under ‘Page Display Options’
5. Set the follow value:
- Show Page Heading = No
6. Click on button ‘Save & Close’
After you refresh your website the menu item title will not dispay as the page title. If you want to change your page title to something else, you can change the value in Step 5 to Yes. There is also a value in Step 5 called ‘Page Heading’ where you can set your own menu item page heading.
There is no global setting to hide or display menu item titles.