In, when you create articles they must be associated with a category and menu. If you created an article and you do not associate it with a menu, will add an h1 tag with the text “Articles” in all articles accessed from a link in the search results of the search module. The same happens with articles linked from the Latestnews module, but in this case, the h1 text is “Home”.
This is extremely annoying and I’ve received many questions about this. The easiest way to fix it is to
a. Create a Category to place all these ‘No Menu Articles’.
b. Create a Menu in.
c. Create Menu item and assign to Menu created in step b.
d. Assign Articles to the Category created in step a.
The menu does not need to be displayed, it will just act as a place holder for these articles so the <h1> tag with text “Article” and “Home” will not appear anymore. For example:
I have an article “Themes” that is showing “Articles” tag. I will create:
- Category called ‘NoMenuArticles’
- Menu called ‘MyHiddenMenu’
- Menu Item called ‘MyArticles’, category blog and link to the NoMenuArticles
Below are steps on how to do this:
1. Login to youradministrator backend.
a. Create a New Category in
2. Click on Content,, Add New Category
3. Set the following values:
- Title = NoMenuArticles
4. Save & Close the Category.
b. Create a New Menu in
5. Click on Menus, Menu Manager, Add New Menu
6. Set the following options:
- Title = MyHiddenMenu
- Menu type = MyHiddenMenu
7. Save & Close the the Menu
c. Create a New Menu Item in Menu Manager
8. Click on Menus, MyHiddenMenu, Add New Menu Item
9. Set the following values:
- Menu Item Type = Category Blog
- Menu Title = MyArticles
- Menu Location = MyHiddenMenu
- Required Settings, Choose a category = NoMenuArticles
- Page Display Options, Show Page Heading = No
10. Save & Close the Menu Item
d. Assign Articles to New Category in
11. Click on Content,
12. Edit your article, in my example I’m editing ‘Themes’
13. Set the following value:
- Category = NoMenuArticles
14. Save & Close the article
15. Repeat steps 11-14 for all the articles that are showing the “Articles”/”Home” heading.
That’s it! You’re done. Now you can refresh your1.6 website. Do a search on it or click on it from the Latestnews module and you will not see the <h1> tag ‘Articles’ or ‘Home’ anymore.
Another way to fix this problem is provided by Harshal:
1. Edit this file in your FTP Manager –/com_content/views/article/view_html.php
2. In this file earch and comment out below line.
// $this->params->def(‘page_heading’, JText::_(‘JGLOBAL_ARTICLES’));
Hope that helps,
Related Wordpress and Joomla Help: