has many changes from the older version including where and how to uninstall their modules. has a new term named . now includes any add ons or packages you install on your 1.6 website. This includes , modules, plugins, templates and languages. There is no intuitive way to find out how to uninstall or install these 1.6 . So I bet you are having a hard time finding out how to remove these 1.6 extensions you recently installed on your website. As an example, I’ve listed below instructions on how to uninstall / remove / delete the Joomla 1.6 module files:
1. Login to your Joomla 1.6 administrator backend.
2. Click on ‘Extensions’, ‘Extension Manager’, switch to the ‘Manage’ tab.
3. Under the filters – ‘Select Type’ = ‘Module’, or find it in the list of extensions installed.
4. Use the checkbox on the side to select the module(s) that you want to uninstall.
5. Click on the ‘Uninstall‘ icon at the top (or near the top) of the screen.
6. After that you will see a message that says:
Uninstalling module was successful.
That’s it. After you refresh your Joomla 1.6 administrator backend you will not see the module show up on your website or in your Extensions.
FYI if you want to remove any other extension ie plugins, languages,