If you created your ownmenu and submenu items and published the menu module to the you should be able to see all the parent menu items plus their child submenu items. In some cases, you might have problems and the child submenus are hidden. When you hover over the parent menu item the child submenu doesn’t show up even though there are articles in that menu item. For example:
I have a menu module named “” with 3 menu items configured and saved already in the backend and should show a menu structure like this:
- Parent Menu =
- Child Menus =, WordPress Help
——– WordPress Help
In the frontend when hovering over the menu item “WordPress”, I do not see the submenu items –and WordPress Help. It just shows “WordPress”.
How to fix this? Very simple. I will be using my above example in the steps below.
1. Check that your Menu items are published in your:
- Login to your 1.6 administrator backend.
- Click on Menus, “WordPress” menu item
- See that all the menu items are published (have a green checkmark) – WordPress Themes and WordPress Help
2. Check the Menu Module Options:
- Still in your 1.6 administrator backend.
- Click on ‘ ’, ‘ ’
- Filter the results using the dropdown – Select Type = Menu
- Edit the ‘WordPress’ menu module
- Under Basic Options, Show Sub-menu Items = Yes
After you save your menu module, refresh your1.6 . Your menus should be working now and you should see the menu and all the submenus under the parent.