requires unique directories for each you install. If you try to install your and get the error message below, there can be a couple reasons.
Template Install: Another template is already using directory ‘/templates/template_name’
Reasons for the Error Message:
- The could be already installed.
- The was installed at one point but not properly uninstalled.
Either way you will have to remove thisdirectory from your system before you can proceed to upload/install your template. Follow the directions to Uninstall Template
How to Uninstall Joomla Template:
- Go to your Joomla Administrator Panel
- Click on , Install/Uninstall
- Switch to the Templates tab
- Use the checkbox to select the template you want to remove or uninstall
- Click Uninstall
Try to install your Joomla template again. If you continue to have the same error message, you will have to ftp into your Joomla backend and remove the TemplateName Directory. Only try this if you know what you are doing.
- Log into your FTP manager
- Find the directory associated with that template name
- Go to directory joomla/templates/
- remove the directory template_name
That will totally remove the old template files from your site and you should be able to install your new Joomla Template. If you have any questions, leave me a message and I will respond.