– Removing all modules from your can be a little difficult. In the there is no filter to show ‘All modules on ”, so it will take a bit of manual work on your side to get this done. What you need to do at at a very high level is find out which is your default main page and then go through each module to make sure your module assignment does not include this page.
In this tutorial, I am using a fresh install of. All references will be made using the default template. Below are steps to show you how to remove modules from your . I will take for example “This Site” Menu that is showing on the to show on all pages except for the .
A. Where is default main page:
1. Login to your1.6 administrator panel.
2. Click on Menus, Main Menu (The menu with a yellow star)
3. Take note of the Menu Item that has a yellow star – Home. ‘Home‘ is the name of your frontpage.
B. Change Menu Assignment:
4. Click on,
5. Click and edit “This Site” Menu Module
6. Under Menu Assignment, Set:
- Module Assignment = On all pages except those selected
- Menu Selection = Main Menu, Home
7. Save the Module.
After you refresh your1.6 website you will not see “This Site” menu item that was showing previously on the frontpage anymore. If you switch to other pages on your website you will still see “This Site” menu item. You can repeat this step for all modules on your website. Of course you have to be careful on Step 6 – menu and module assignment. You don’t have to show your module on all pages, you can select to show on a select few pages. The options under the Menu Assignment – Module Assignment are, show on :
- All Pages
- No Pages
- Only on the Pages selected
- On all Pages except those selected
Play around with the settings and you will understand how it works. Let me know if you have any problems!