Tutorial – Article Anchors are created for articles that are really long. You want to divide up your article into chapters and make each chapter linkable from a navigational bar along the top of your article, or you can even make the Article Anchor links accessible through Menu Links.
If you want to learn how to create article links in articles, click here for my post.
Link a Menu Item to an Article Anchor Overview
- Already have an article with Article anchors – if not yet, click here to learn how to create your article anchors.
- Capture the Article Anchor Link
- Create a menu item in
- Create an External Link in
- My article “About CmsMind.com”
- Create a new Menu Item under the “Main Menu”
- Create a Menu Item named “CmsMind.com Anchor Link Chapter 1″
- Use the Menu Item to link to “Chapter 1: About CmsMind.com” in the article
- The Article Anchor name is “Chapter1″
- The text link in my article that links to the anchor link is “Chapter 1″
1. Copy the Article Anchor Link
- Access the article from the Frontend – “About CmsMind.com”
- Right click on the Anchor Link – Chapter 1, click on Copy Link/Copy URL
- The article link will be below. Note the hash or number sign symbol divides the article alias from the anchor name.
/article category/article alias#article anchor name
- Paste it into any text editor, the link should look similar to:
2. Create an External Link Menu item in Menu Manager
- Login to 1.7 Administrator backend
- Click on Menus, Main Menu, Add New Menu Item
- In Details, enter the following values:
- Menu Item Type = External URL
- Menu Title = CmsMind.com Anchor Link Chapter 1
- Link = /article-category-list/68-about-cmsmind#Chapter1 <Paste link from Step 1>
- Click on ‘Save & Close’