I had version3.0.1 and I just upgraded to 3.1.1. Below are steps on how to upgrade your version of . It’s really easy now because you can update your directly from the Joomla control panel. Afterwards you can look at your Joomla System Information to confirm you successfully upgraded to Joomla 3.1.1.
Joomla Tutorial Overview of Steps to Upgradeto Joomla 3.1.1:
- Go to Joomla Control Panel and Update Now
- Install the Joomla 3.1.1 Update
- See the Progress Bar on the Joomla 3.1.1 Update
- Joomla 3.1.1 Successfully Updated Status
- View Joomla System Information
- Confirm System Joomla Version is 3.1.1
1. Go to Joomla Control Panel and Update Now
You can view from the Joomla control panel any updates that are pending to your system. You can upgrade existing version of Joomla through the control panel.
- Login to your Joomla Administratorl Backend
- Click on ‘Joomla! 3.1.1, Update now!‘
2. Install the Joomla 3.1.1 Update
Joomla system will automatically search for any updates and according to Joomla, there was an update found. It will automatically update my Joomla version for me.
- Click on ‘Install the update‘
3. See the Progress Bar on the Joomla 3.1.1 Update
There is a progress bar to indicate the status of the Joomla 3.1.1 update.
- See status on Joomla 3.1.1 update:
- Percent Complete
- Bytes Read
- Bytes extracted
- Files extracted
4. Joomla 3.1.1 Successfully Updated Status
Now Joomla 3.1.1 is successfully updated.
- See message that says:
- Your site has been successfully updated. Your Joomla version is now 3.1.1.
5. View Joomla System Information
I know the message said that my system is upgraded to Joomla 3.1.1, but I really want to see it for myself that my system is now Joomla 3.1.1. This information is in the System, System Information.
- Click on ‘System’, ‘System Information‘
6. Confirm System Joomla Version is 3.1.1
Now you can see that my Joomla version has been upgraded to Joomla 3.1.1.
- System Information = Joomla Version = 3.1.1