Theis very customizable. I believe by default shows one full article on the front page, followed by many intro text articles and few links at the bottom to more articles if they do not fit all on one page. To show multiple full text articles on the , or to change the number of columns the intro articles display in or to minimize the links at the bottom, you can do that too. Just by understanding the few settings in the menu, you will know how to change these values to manipulate your to your liking.
- Go to Joomla Administrator panel
- Click on Menus, Main Menu, Home ( Your default front page menu item)
- Parameters Basic – you will see the following options:
- # Leading – The number of full articles you want to show. Here is where you can put 5, if you want to show 5 full articles on the
- # Intro – The number of article intro texts you want to show. On the you will only see the first few lines on the article on the frontpage
- Columns – Joomla will separate your Intro articles into the number of columns that you indicate here. I think the max is like 4 columns depending on your template.
- # Links – You can specify how many article links you want to show at the bottom of the front page. The links will be the article headings.
Example 1: If you want to show 3 full articles, 4 intro texts, and no article links
- # Leading = 3
- # Intro = 4
- Columns = 1
- # Links = 0
Example 2: Show multiple intro articles and no full articles and no links
- # Leading = 0
- # Intro = 10
- Columns = 2
- # Links = 0