I purposefully accidentally deleted one of my folders in the root of my.3 folder. It was mostly an experiment to see if I could recover my website simply by restoring the folder from the installation zip file. Why? Dunno. because I had nothing better to do?
What I did:
- I ssh/telnet’ed into my .3 website
- Cd into my website domain directory
- Deleted the whole includes folder
- Refreshed my 1.7 website
To my surprise my website produced an error message indicating that the index.php was expecting the includes folder but could not locate it. How did I fix it? Simply by uploading the same folder from a downloaded version of the1.7.3 zip file.
Steps to restore Folder:
- Go to Joomla.org, click on Download
- Download ZIP file of latest version of Joomla
- UNZIP file on computer, locate the includes folder
- Use Filezilla to upload the directory back to the Original location in my Joomla directory
- Refreshed Joomla 1.7.3 website in the frontend. Guess what!! It worked. My website is back to normal. Will try again with other directories if I get bored again.