If you setup your site that only Registered users can submit a weblink you will an encounter error. Once a user logs in and clicks on that menu item to submit a weblink they will get an error that says:
” You are not authorised to view this resource.”
Problem: I’ve tried 2 different scenarios and still get the same error:
- Created a menu weblink item and only viewable by Registered users
- Changed the Menu weblink item to be viewable by Public, changed the weblink menu module to be registered only.
- In the backend find the file: / /com_weblinks/views/weblink/view.html.php
- Find the line: if ($user->get(‘gid’) < 19)
- Replace it with: if ($user->get(‘gid’) < 18)
Refresh your page and log in as a registered user. You will be able to see the submit weblink menu item and a form to submit a weblink.
Related Wordpress and Joomla Help: